Forge Mill Needle Museum and Bordesley Abbey Visitor Centre holds many different events throughout the year.
These can link in with National Days or initiatives, seasonal themes or exhibitions that are on display at the museum, or just fun-filled events for all the family to enjoy. With such a variety of events there is something for everybody!
HERITAGE OPEN DAY
A day to celebrate our local heritage. Come and enjoy:
- A range of iconic motor bikes from the Royal Enfield Owners Club
- Meticulously built model boats from the Little Radford Model Boat Club
- Live music from Indigo Arts, our local community charity supporting young people
- Live music from local musician Clem Dalloway
- Display from AIR (Arts in Redditch), a charitable organisation promoting and supporting arts in the area from singing and dancing to painting and crafting
- An exhibition of art from local artists
- Presentation by Scour Arts
- A display by the Redditch History Society and Friends of Forge Mill Museum
- A display by the Redditch Local History Museum
- Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, promoting wildlife in Worcestershire
- Free entry to ‘A Journey into Marvel’, an exhibition by Lee Bradley in the Museum gallery
- Free entry into the museum – the only existing water powered scouring mill will be operating on the day
- Tours by experienced volunteer guides of the Needle Museum and the Bordesley Abbey Ruins (depending on regulations at the time)
Refreshments and light lunches will be available from the Mill View Coffee Bar.
Includes entry into the museum